Doing our bit for the planet
Experience an unconditionally blissful getaway in the best possible conditions. That's what you can expect from every Sunlife holiday. And that's because sustainability is the underlying factor of all our getaways.
Climate change is one of the biggest challenges of our times. It's aftermath is captured daily on the media we watch and listen to. It's detrimental, unequivocally damaging affects to the planet are very real - and they continue to get ever more destructive.
Sunlife Sustainability Programme
In the 1970s, as Mauritius was basking in its newly earned reputation as a glamorous tourist destination, the foundations of our first hotel were being laid. Looking around at the beauty around us, we were filled with awe—and deep gratitude—for all the elements that have provided the means for us to flourish. Not just the lay of the land, powdery white sands and sparkling turquoise waters; but also the coral reefs teeming with a spectacular array of marine life, and the people whose sincerity, traditions and life experiences have shaped the unique character of these neighbourhoods.
From that day onwards, we made a promise. To internalise our surroundings so that the lines between out there and in here dissolve entirely. To grow in harmony with, and not at the expense of, the world around us. To extend our positive impact far beyond the extremities of our resorts. To leave our destinations better than we found them. And to leave our guests a little happier, and prouder.
It is this promise that set us on a lifelong journey to always do more than what is expected of us. A journey we call Sunlife, we see a world where kindness shines.
From the interiors of our rooms and the activities we offer, to every sight you see and bite you take, we have been carefully curating our resorts in a way that honours our natural environment and host communities. Dive into the world of Sunlife, where we offer you deeply-seeded sustainable experiences without compromising on luxury.
As you explore the hotel, you will encounter colourful Sunlife Sustainability icons. They point to the everyday actions we take to care for our environment and honour our communities.
We are committed to:
- Conserving natural resources and enhancing resources for future generations.
- Protecting ecosystem biodiversity.
- Driving sustainable development.
- Minimising pollution, reducing waste and the consumption of Sunlife resources. Reporting on key environmental, social, and financial performance indicators through our 'balance scorecard'.
- Raising environmental awareness among our associates, suppliers, guests and communities.
- Providing resources, training, equipment and other support to enable fulfilment of this policy.
- Reviewing our performance and the effectiveness of Sunlife Sustainability Policy periodically to enable us to determine our next steps forward.
- Special consideration will be given to employing and empowering local employees, and wherever possible sustainable products and services will be sourced locally in accordance with fair trade principles.
- We encourage our stakeholders to align with our commitment to environmental and social sustainability.
and our commitment
- Reduce the environmental impact of our hotels
- Protect our biodiversity
- Foster local talents, products and economy
- Promote sustainable tourism with community impact
- Innovate towards circular sustainable solutions
- Engage with our stakeholders
- Much remains to be done, but we are convinced that adopting eco-responsible behaviours is an essential condition so that our children in turn marvel at the beauties of our planet.
Sunlife continues to carry out various programmes
from our CEO
Much remains to be done, but we are convinced that adopting eco-responsible behaviours is an essential condition so that our children in turn marvel at the beauties of our planet.
We are always looking for new solutions for a positive impact and invite you to contact us to share your feedback and best practises.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
CEO - Sun Limited